fredag 18 april 2014

The third and last Mandala assignment - Mandala as a dream catcher

I'm so into this mandala making that everything else at home is neglected. I needed time on my own to really get into mandala thinking and making mandalas part of my life, so there was never any other option. However, now it's Easter and I will be more available to my family :)

This third assignment was to make a mandala based on dreams or images or elements that are part of your life. I new exactly what would be included in my mandala. Waves, as I think the sound of them a warm summer day is so soothing and they are forever, whatever happens in the world, no matter if I'm happy or sad, they are still there with their irrepressible strength. Owls, because I love the sight of them, the coolness about them and the smartness they stand for. I feel respect and humility for them. Rays of sun surrounding them. That just felt right and bright and brings hope for the future.

So, as you can see I'm not good at drawing, I'm more of a "pattern person" but when I draw it always gets kind of childish. In any case I like it and I've decided not to get into the comparison game, which is easy to do when I see all the incredibly talented artists around me.

The text around the rays is about owls and waves. I also had to write down this wonderful poem of an owl that I just love. I have no idea who wrote it.

The Wise Owl
The wise old owl sat in an oak.
The more he saw the less he spoke.
The less he spoke the more he heard.
Why can't we be like that wise old bird?

Thank you Lisa for this workshop! As you already know you've given me the mandala fever and I'm grateful for that :) Also, thank you for that wonderful meditation session. I will surely come back to it, over and over again. Love!


Had to take a closeup because I've used water colour with glitter in it and it's so sad that it doesn't show properly on the photo. In this closeup you might see it in the blue and green (the green outside the mandala).


Inga kommentarer: